Bob and Ray,

My point isn't that there is anything wrong with script.  This script is
designed to work with edk2-platforms repo or other repos of similar layout.
This is a "platform" thing that is needed on some platforms (not edk2 core
platforms).  To me this means it does't belong in edk2 repo.

Anytime new functionality is proposed I think it is important to evaluate the
stakeholders of the given repository that is targeted and make sure the
functionality is aligned.  In my opinion when edk2 get too prescriptive about
how to do things outside of edk2 or tries to prematurely provide functionality
for all consumers to use then we often see this overhead added to the tree and
low adoption rate.

I would propose to add this to edk2-platforms since that is where this is
needed and build up a nice "platform" design pattern.   If it provides great
value then talk about moving up in the repository stack.

Finally, I know this is a trivial and small script.  The overhead is minimal
but i see this as a barometer for how the community aligns to support all isn't
consumers.  Many of us have to maintain forks with significant changes because
edk2 carries too many prescriptive ideas.  I want to push Tianocore to have
better alignment with different repositories, their functionality and focus.  I
want to see downstream consumers spend less time maintaining their fork and
shipping code more closely aligned with the open source edk2.

thanks
Sean