(+Rebecca)

On 08/12/20 04:27, macarl via [] wrote:
> Thank you for the helpful comments Lazlo!
>
> I sent out an updated series (v5) that fixes the things you mentioned. I
> added more description, so hopefully that helps.
>
> Sorry I didn't notice BhyvePkg, I thought you couldn't have packages under
> other packages, so I didn't think to check for other DSC's. It should be
> fixed up like the other Ovmf DSC's.

Right, with Bhyve we indeed broke the DEC spec first, having two DEC
files under OvmfPkg (this was reported by Sean). The issue was fixed in
commit e557442e3f7e; since then, bhyve is not a new package nested under
OvmfPkg (which is invalid), just a separate platform DSC.

Arguably, the "Pkg" infix in the following file names:

Bhyve/BhyvePkgDefines.fdf.inc
Bhyve/BhyvePkgX64.dsc
Bhyve/BhyvePkgX64.fdf

remains a bit confusing, and should indeed be removed:

Bhyve/BhyveDefines.fdf.inc
Bhyve/BhyveX64.dsc
Bhyve/BhyveX64.fdf

Rebecca, could you please submit a patch with such renames?

> I've been following your excellent guide for sending mailing list patches
> (Lazlo's Guide). (
> https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Laszlo's-unkempt-git-guide-for-edk2-contributors-and-maintainers
>  ) Is there a better way to get all the CC's from all the patches other than
> just copy and pasting them all? Perhaps the GetMaintainers.py where you
> specify multiple commits? Specifying a range didn't produce the desired
> behavior.

For collecting the full CC set for the cover letter, one possibility is:

$ git log master..topic \
  | grep '^Cc:' \
  | sort -u

and then cut n' paste the result of this command into the cover letter.

(I assume even on Windows the above command should work in WSL or Cygwin.)

Thanks!
Laszlo