TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes (APAC/NMO)

February 4, 2021

EVENTS:

No new updates.

STABLE TAG:

edk2-stable202102 - Feature Planning freeze on 2/15

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

STEWARDS DOWNLOAD (Mike Kinney)

  *   Design meeting - we discussed on Automation & CI system.

  *   Community Action: Need help from the community on ECC tool (EFI code
checker), we have critical issues, need help quickly.
     *   Kevin - will explore to see if someone has any expertise wrt ECC tool.

  *   Sean plans to send to the info to the community on the tool to help
format the source code. Sean will send it to the mailing list.
Suggests making ECC smaller.

  *   Addressed all issues related to cmocka.

  *   Workflow for maintainers: some maintainers like to work on multiple pull
requests, causing extra work, process issue. We are investigating on
automation. Task is to Evaluate the automation feature and get feedback.

  *   Bugzilla Feature request - update on NASM compiler version will start
now. This is not required by developers until after the Q1 stable tag.

Opens:

  1.  Nate - Google summer code (sponsored internship program run by google).
Need some mentors to mentor the interns. Tianocore open source needs to apply.
Application deadline Feb 19th. We need to develop interesting ideas for summer
projects. Nate will start an offline thread to discuss ideas for projects.
Couple of people have expressed some interest in becoming mentors.
Community Action: If you are interested in either mentoring or have a project
idea, please send an email to (nathaniel.l.desim...@intel.com).

  1.  Sean - code contribution, project management - are we doing anything to
improve.

Acknowledgments:

Community Action: Please send Soumya if you like to acknowledge anyone from the
community, if anyone helped you close bugs or reviewed code etc..We will post
those acknowledgements on the community page.

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS