On 09/06/21 16:28, James Bottomley wrote:
That would cut across the ApEntrypoint and the guidedStructureEnd.
However, nothing says anything in the reset vector guided structure has
to be data ... so it could equally well be code.  That means we can do
guid based entries that contain the 32 bit real and 64 bit entry
points.  This would also come with the added advantage that we can scan
the OVMF binary to see what entry points it supports.

Isn't the initial state included in the save area just like for SEV-ES? So it's not even QEMU, but rather some external tool that builds the encrypted image, that needs to understand that GUIDed structure.

The GUIDed structure can either include the entry point code; or it could have room for a couple 8-byte pointers since any fixed-size area in the GUIDed structure would be just a jump anyway.

Paolo