On 12/17/21 11:08 AM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
OK, this looks good to me in principe, and I am quite happy with the
implementation of the MpInitLib and the new ability to dispatch
execution to other cores.

However, looking at ArmPkg/Include/Guid/ArmMpCoreInfo.h, I was
seriously shocked at how much cruft has accumulated there:
- headers under Guid/ shouldn't carry that many vaguely related
definitions anyway
- the mailbox stuff is obsolete
- the pseudo-ACPI table (ACPI style header but published as a EFI
config table) is highly dubious as well, and should really just be
removed.

I don't want to derail this series further, so I''ll have a stab at
cleaning this up on top, unless there are any reasons for keeping this
stuff?

Thanks. I'm not familiar enough with it to know if it should be kept or not. But similarly, I have a task on my list to clean up ArmPlatformPkg - PrePeiCore, PrePi etc. since they have obsolete code to handle secondary cores from before TF-A.

--
Rebecca Cran