On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 03:46:34AM +0000, Yao, Jiewen wrote:
> Hi Dionna
> I think I understand your intention.
> I believe we need OS side and UEFI standard sign-off for this
> *BZ3987_MEMORY_ACCEPTANCE_PROTOCOL*, because OS is the consumer, right?
> If so, I suggest you maintain the work in a edk2-stage area for
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-staging.
>
> EDKII main branch is for production. MdePkg can only include the API
> definition approved by UEFI standard.
> EDK2 staging is a place for POC / collaboration. That is why I think edk2
> staging is more proper place for this feature.
>
> Without OS and UEFI standard sign-off, I don't think this
> BZ3987_MEMORY_ACCEPTANCE_PROTOCOL can be integrated to EDKII main branch,
> especially in MdePkg/Include/Protocol/MemoryAcceptance.h.

Ok.  Reading through the bug (comment 53) it looks like Intel's take on
this is that it will simply not be needed long-term.

How about adding it to OvmfPkg/Include/Protocol/MemoryAcceptance.h then?

It surely will be very useful short-term.  If it turns out that lazy
accept support indeed becomes a standard feature we might drop this
in 3-5 years.  Or promote it to MdePkg should that not be the case.

take care,
  Gerd