Hi Gerd
Currently, the *blocking issue* for openssl 3.0 adoption in EDKII is *size*.
The big size increase will break exist platforms easily. As such, we are not
able to switch to openssl 3.0 directly.

I have written the proposal at
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-staging/blob/OpenSSL11_EOL/ReadMe.md
"It is possible that we may need add MACRO to OpenSSL 3.0 to reduce the size.
We can do POC and submit to OpenSSL community."

My suggested plan is:
1) We do our best to reduce size, as much as possible.
2) We revisit openssl 3.0 change, to see if that is reasonable.
3) if we can figure out a better way to avoid the change, we redesign and avoid
the change.
4) if we cannot figure out a better way, we submit the change to openssl 3.0
community.

You are welcome to review the change and send feedback.

Thank you
Yao, Jiewen