On 4/3/23 7:44 AM, Pedro Falcato wrote:
On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 1:27 PM Rebecca Cran <rebe...@bsdio.com> wrote:
In terms of CI coverage, I'd like to have both gcc 6 and gcc 12 running
GCC and GCCNOLTO builds: we've already broken gcc 5 compatibility by
introducing GoogleTest (which uses nullptr), so by doing builds with gcc
6 we'll be able to know when we break it and update
tools_def.txt.template with a note that we'll subsequently require gcc 7.
FYI, GCC 5 supports nullptr and the whole of C++11. I think the
problem is that the .inf doesn't force C++11 through -std={gnu,
c}++11, which makes gcc 5 use its default C++ standard.
Which, IIRC, was C++98 until gcc 6 or 7 (and 98 does not have nullptr).

Ah, thanks! We _do_ need to start specifying which C and C++ standards we're building against, since relying on defaults gets us into problems like this.

--

Rebecca Cran