W dniu 7.09.2023 o 19:40, Andrew (EFI) Fish pisze:
On Sep 7, 2023, at 8:00 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

Is there a way to have VT100 (or any other black/white, non-ANSI) terminal for UEFI Shell?

I do many runs of QEMU/sbsa-ref with logging and all those ANSI colour codes only make problems.

Thus we get to the TL;DR part… The console NVRAM variables that point to the UART has a MESSAGING_DEVICE_PATH MSG_VENDOR_DP node after the UART definition that has a UUID (EFI_GUID) that defines the type of terminal emulation to use.

The definition of the ConIn and ConOut variables is here [4]

Feels like adding alias into ~/.bashrc is easier solution:

alias strip_ansi=" sed -e 's/\x1b\[[0-9;]*m//g' "

EDK2 code feels like ancient Perl to me too often. Someone wrote it, everyone uses it, hard to find someone who know why it is that way.