On 2023-10-31 19:49, Pedro Falcato wrote:
On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 7:43 PM Kinney, Michael D
<michael.d.kin...@intel.com> wrote:

Hi Pedro,

SPDX is only for licenses, not copyrights.

IANAL, but several FOSS projects (including Linux) have generally
replaced the "Copyright (c) ..." verbiage with SPDX.

They may have decided to get rid of the copyright statements at the same time as they switched to SPDX instead of full boilerplate licenses, but that is not the same thing.

/
    Leif

I assume there has to be some legal basis for this, although I don't
know if it depends on the license, etc
(IIRC I /think/ one could state that copyright holders are stored in
git information, but, again, I'm not a lawyer)