Dear Michael,

I don't know if you had time to answer one follow-up question.

Obviously one thing that someone might want to do is to notify on protocol
installs and trap installs of this protocol - e.g. so that something other than
UefiBootManagerLib can manage and monitor HTTP boot, but still allowing the
original callback to occur, by hooking it. Not sure if this counts as
'supported' or not (possibly not...) though I think it may count as 'quite
likely to happen'. However, one could hook in such a way that the uninstall
would succeed anyway, assuming that the function pointer within the original
installed protocol is writeable.

My question is: was the above is roughly what you were thinking of, that might
cause the assert to fail, or, if not, if you had the time to give a very brief
sketch of what else it might beĀ (just a plausible, very rough example)?
Certainly not saying you're wrong, just that it would be helpful (to me!) to
understand what sort of thing you were thinking of!

Many thanks in advance for any time you might have to reply.

Mike Beaton