Is there any interest that we may start implementing a DB based
interface to Kannel for various functions. This was on my TODO list
for quite a time and I would like to kick-off development on that.

We have incorporated MySQL client functions to Kannel within our
MSISDN Provisioning concept, but there are way more use for storing or
retrieving data to a database from Kannel:

- logging facility: access.log data may be stored to mysql db,
especialy for automatic billing support.
- configuration facility: multi-groups like sms-user, sms-service,
ota-config may be stored in mysql db, so there may be added or
manipulated while runtime and the service would not have to be
restarted to get notice of an update. This would make thinks
particular slower, but may add incredible functionality gains.

I think of a SMS gateway hosting service, where customers get an HTTP
based Account and log into a HTTP server (using PHP and MySQL) and
configure the way Kannel sends their SMS messages via EMI or other
SMSC protocols (more or less) individual, including incoming SMS
Services. Of course you have to keep certain options under restriction
so that you have control of the system and billing.

If there is interest in incorporating (at least in the first step)
MySQL interface for Kannel I may get my hands on the above issues.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248