> I am setting up Kannel as an SMS gateway.
>
> I've tried using a NOKIA 6210 as a virtual SMSC, since
> this is the kit available to me presently for this
> purpose. Setting the SMSC configuration as follows:
>
> group =smsc
> smsc = at
> smsc-id = GSMMODEM
> host = localhost
> port = 10000

The settings "host" and "port" are completely useless, you should
remove them.

> modemtype = premicell
> device = /dev/ttyS1
>
> and starting the bearerbox service gives the following
> error:"Cannot start with SMSC connection failing".
>
> I will appreciate if you tell me what configuration is
> required to make this device work for this purpose.

On any SMSC AT device you have latency time on the serial COM port. If
you start the bearerbox it sometimes doesn't get the hook to the
device cleanly. Simply retry a couple of times and you should get a
connection.

BTW, since Andreas Fink changed a couple of things within smsc_at.c
the opening sequence for an AT device is a) taking much londer and b)
is more unrealiable for getting the starting hook -- these are at
least our experiences. Can someone confirm or disagree with these?

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248