> We have been using Kannel 1.1.5 and cvs for SMS applications. It has been
> working fine with AT and CIMD2 driver. Is it possible to strip Kannel to
> bare minimum like bearerbox will have only required SMSC driver and no WDP
> layer. If yes, how to do it. I thought about some options like
>
> 1. Changes in  Makefile
> 2. Commenting whole driver files before compiling
> 3. And of course going thru whole source code.
>
> My ideas must be vague, but there has to be some way to do it. Please
> comment and guide me.

yes there is a simple way, at least to strip down bearerbox to use
only wap or sms features.

bearerbox.c has a couple of conditional #define checkings for that. To
use them specifiy manually within config.h:

  #define KANNEL_NO_WAP 1

to exclude compilation of WAP specific code within bearerbox.c and

  #define KANNE_NO_SMS 1

to exclude the SMS specific code.

This has not been intended for what you actualy want, it was for
debugging and testing, but should do at least a strip down.

We may extend this idea for bearerbox to strip down to only needed
function, even if I don't think that it is necessary for some realy
mattering concerns. We may add a --with-bearerbox-mode=[sms|wap]
configure switch which sets a #define in config.h accordingly and
those may be tested for the conditional compile for bearerbox.c.

Any comments on that from the list? Has anyone real application
demands on this?

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG