Dear all,
Today when I was running kannel gateway which was connected to my SMSC by
SMPP, I saw that kannel sends a submit_sm packet with data_coding field
equal to 16 and the data body and data length fields were indicating 8
bit coding. But the value 16 is a reserved value in SMPPv3.4 protocol and
indicates 7 bit data coding according to GSM 03.38 standard. Can anyone
help me? My SMSC does not accept this submit_sm packet because it assumes
that the data is coded using 7 bit alphabet and returns a submit_error
packet. My packet fields are:
data_coding = 16
data_length = 14
data_body =   "Request failed"