HI,

In order to make things more modular I have looked into the way
logging is handled in Kannel. To my horrible discovery there are
two kinds of logging in gwlib namely, access_log.[c|h] and
log.[c|h].
Accesslog is supposed to be a more simple API/function as the log
version. I also noticed accesslog is not even used in the wap
portion for instance.

So first question is:
Why is only in smsbox and bearerbox the accesslog used and not in
the wap portion?? No one interested in the accesslog there??
Or are people trying to get the access log part out of a generic
logfile containing also many (potentially) debug logs.

second question:
Would it not be easier to provide to the alog function only the Msg
structure (and maybe an extra note) where the alog function
determines the output format?? Now a 'const chat*fmt,....'
is given.
OK, this looses flexibility, but it can unify all the formats
going into the accesslog. But a more common API would allow for
multiple logpaths when this layered. Meaning firs the common
logfunction is called in there depending on the module a different
logfunction.

Harrie

Internet Management Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http ://www.mod-snmp.com/
Author of MOD-SNMP, enabling SNMP management to the Apache server.