Hi,
I am testing T39 and T68 as virtual SMSC with Kannel 1.2.0.

I realized that if i use "at" as type of SMSC (group=smsc, smsc=at, modemtype=ericsson,
.....)  kannel automatically uses this init command for modem : "AT + CNMI
= 3,2,0,0,0"  , but this is wrong for T39 and T68 (the right one is
"AT+CNMI=3,3,2,0,0").
Is the group "modems" ignored when i set "smsc=at" ????
I would like to know if it's possible to change the source code file "smsc_at.c"
and set there this configuration for modemtype "ericsson". After i should
recompile the kannel on my linux machine, is it right ???? i should before
disinstall the kannel ???

An othe question is the following:
If i use "at2" as type of SMSC (.....,smsc=at2,....) it's impossibile to
see on the screen the AT responses of modem (to the init-string command
set in group "modems" : init-string="AT+CNMI=3,3,2,0,0") during the init
phase ??? Shoul i use the config: enable-hwhs="" ??? why ??? and the config
keepalive-cmd="AT+CBC;+CSQ" ???? why ????

The last question is???

If everything is ok (i hope), about the initial connection with modem,
and if in my confinguration file there is the service:

# SERVICES

group = sms-service
keyword = nop
text = "You asked nothing and I did it!"

if i send a SMS (with my personal phone) to the modem with only the keyword
"nop", should i receive automatically on my phone the SMS "You asked nothing
and I did it!"  ???? On the shell window in linux, where i have launched
the command "gw/bearerbox gw/ericssonT39.conf" or on the other shell where
is running the process "gw/smsbox gw/ericsson888.conf" should i see some
messages, in real time, about the message received and sent by kannel ?????

Tiscali ADSL, l'offerta su misura per te a partire da 12,95 euro al mese!
Scopri la tua adsl ideale con il TEST ON LINE
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/