The phones must first support this kind of push, of course.

Aarno

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Damir Salantic wrote:

In Kannel user guide I found:

"The push content is sended to the phones over SMS, but the content is
fetched by the phone over IP
bearer, for instance CSD or GPRS. Because Push Proxy Gateway tokenises SI
and SL documents, it may fit one SMS message (if not, it is segmented for
transfer).
Using two bearers seems to be an unnecessary complication. But quite simply,
phones currently operate this way. Push over GPRS can only simplify
matters."

I'm not sure if that answers your question, and if that works, but I have an
additional question:
Is it possible to send SI directly over WSP (IP bearer - GPRS) and not over
SMS? It seems to me that WAP PUSH specification enables that possibility. Is
that (going to be) supported in Kannel?

Thanks
Damir Salantic