Benjamin Lee wrote:

> Those of you connected to a large multinational SMSC who does not
> support NATIONAL TON... ;-) ... may find this patch useful where you want
> users to be able to set their originator / source address in national
> format.
>
> It is based on the unified prefix code.

hmm, so you want your user's to inject into sendsms HTTP interface
national source addresses in the to=<value> field and re-code that
using the normalization routine to an international format?!

hmmm... I think this is not very hard to do, even in the SMSCConn
abstraction layer. But the question is: should it be done? and how do
we name the configuration directive.

Basically 'unified-prefix' acts as follows now:

  MO: msg.sender gets normalized
  MT: msg.receiver gets normalized

so 'unified-prefix' only deals with the MSISDNs of the remove entity.
Now we'd need a directive to deal with the local entity.

Maybe renaming 'unfied-prefix' to 'unified-remove-prefix' and adding
'unified-local-prefix' for

  MO: msg.receiver gets normalized
  MT: msg.sender gets normalized

??