Too bad.. I wont be there as I have a conference call exactly at this time...
I might be there a bit later

On Donnerstag, September 18, 2003, at 03:51 Uhr, Stipe Tolj wrote:

Hi list,

this is a call for participation:

Alexander and me would like to invite all codebase developers with CVS
rights to participate in an online discussion via IRC for the future
organizational aspects of Kannel.

The place is:
IRC channel #kannel
irc.freenode.net

The date and time is:
Fri, 19th Sep 2003 <--! mark this in your diary ;)
2:00pm CET

The topics we want to have discussed are mainly on how we are about
forming a legal body to hold all copyright of the Kannel source code
and act as representative to the outside world.

There are two options we currently focus on. First - forming an own
foundation, the KSF. Seconds - letting Kannel incubate into the
Apache Software Foundation (ASF) as project.

The second option has some objectives that should be reviewed, please
see http://incubator.apache.org for more details on how Apache
incubates projects.

Main effect we would reach with an Apache incubation would be IMO:
* more popularity for the who project, in means of new developers
and commercial companies incorporating the software into commerical
products (think of adding Kannel into IBM's WebSphere application
server, etc.)
* less organizational overhead, in means of all the things we would
have to do while forming an own legal body.
* a well organized developer community and infrastructure base.

Discussions should be opened now on this mail thread and actively
tomorrow in the IRC session! Please paticipate actively!

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
wapme.net - wherever you are

Andreas Fink
Global Networks Switzerland AG

Tel: +41-61-6666333 Fax: +41-61-6666334 Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Global Networks, Inc. Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Web: http://www.global-networks.ch/  [EMAIL PROTECTED]