On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 15:43, Nikos Balkanas wrote:
> (not x-posting)

[ Sorry, I also don't like X-posts but just wanted to move thread to
  devel ]

> Just a note. I suspect that Debian 1.4.3 may be no good. At least
> sqlbox was compiled with 3 DB libraries, so users had to install all
> DB libraries for the rpm - impractical. Also since sqlbox is a bit
> intelligent about its DB and building its own tables, it was picking
> the first one defined, therefore it would always pick mysql no
> matter what.

Yes. Kannel in Debian testing/unstable is linked with sqlite0, sqlite3,
postgresql and mysql. So is the kannel-sqlbox package.

Dependency hell, IMHO.

Well, I just offered to upload newer version for kannel users who wants
to use SVN version (and next stable 'real soon now') but don't like/know
how to build it from sources.
And it would be really nice to update kannel's site with current data
and links.

> Maybe kannel has the same fate. But i was not referring to Debian
> for submission. I was referring to the kannel site, where available
> rpms are ~10 yrs old.

Yes, Debian packages on the kannel site is really outdated.
http://www.litux.org in unreachable.