On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 08:27, Sebastien Cramatte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've finally create  package for SQLBox and OpenSMPP and rebuild Kannel 1.5
> with mysql, sqlite3 and postgre support.
> SQLBox and OpenSNMPP packages still requires clean up, fix dependencies and
> include docs  and examples.
> Moreover I need description for both package.
>
> But I would be happy to contribute to SVN :)

Debian devs doesn't like debian dirs in upstream source but they
tolerate that. And I tend to agree with them because IMHO it is not a
good idea to have every distribution and OS's packaging files in
upstream source. This can lead to messy scripts and put more burden to
upstream developer and maintainer.

Best way is to use Debian diffs against upstream package and use
dpkg-source to create build environment.

These days I'm waiting for next stable Debian release and I'm preparing
Kannel 1.5.0 for it. I already prepared sqlbox and opensmppbox packages.

And I hope we will have next stable Kannel release real soon now. ;-)
Yes, I know that the 1.5.0 is quite stable but I see that a lot of
people (actually managers) doesn't like to use any software with a
development tag attached.

Last year I've built 1.5.0 and it can be found on the:
https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/files

I've also built sqlbox and opensmppbox deb packages but didn't uploaded
(actually Alex put files there) because these two were/are just
included in the Kannel addons section and at that time I was not sure
how they were stable for users with faint of heart.

In short, I'm against the idea of including distro or OS packaging mess
into upstream. Leave that job to the packagers.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net