Hi Marc,

the issue is due to fact that SMSC returns wrong error code to kannel. 0x58 is
throttling error and not queue full (which would be 0x14).
Therefore kannel will retry any temporarily errors. I know that there was/is
bug in the retry handling and I'm going to fix it in the near
future but if you want that also the old kannel clients don't have any problem,
please use appropriate errorcode in the SMSC.

Thanks,
Alex