Hello,
I install Kannel on a virtual machine like google with OS Ubuntu
15.10. I have an account cehz an SMS-C provider so I dispode of:
Host (IP address), port, username, password.
I did some research and I used these settings in /etc/kannel/kannel.conf:

group = core
# The below two ports are used for kannel gateway administration.
# The port values should be unique when multiple conf files are created.
admin-port = 10000
smsbox-port = 10001
admin-password = shareolite
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/bearerbox.log"
# Default log level - enables low level logs also
log-level = 0
box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/test-access.log"

#This is the main group where SMS center details will be configured
group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = SMPP
#SMS center TCP port - which mobile operator provides.
port = xxxx
#SMS center Host IP - which mobile operator provides
host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
# Mode which indicates whether Transmit & Receive is enabled or only Trasmit
transceiver-mode = 1
system-type = kannel
#SMS center account details - username and password shared by mobile operator
smsc-username = xxxxxxxxxx
smsc-password = xxxxxxxxxxx
# Type of Number - Alphanumeric , Numeric etc . Refer manual for details
source-addr-ton = 2
source-addr-npi = 1
dest-addr-ton = 1
dest-addr-npi = 1
keepalive = 25

# This is sendsms process configuration . For kannel gateway management.
group=sendsms-user
username=happy
password=blog
max-messages=3
concatenation=true

# This is used by smsbox process.
group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
# This port should be unique when multiple conf files are used.
# This port is used in the HTTP URL application which application calls.
sendsms-port = 13002
global-sender = 13002
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
log-level = 0
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"

# This is used for incoming messages from SMS center
group = sms-service
accepted-smsc = http
keyword = default
# When a message is received from SMS center this URL is called. Refer
manual for wildcards details.
get-url=http://10.12.34.1/cgi-bin/SMSGW?&%t%p&%a&;
max-messages=0

Then I type in terminal: /usr/sbin/bearerbox /etc/kannel/kannel.conf

but typing in the URL of a browser or by using the command "curl" with
the sending url:

http://localhost:13002/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=happy&password=blog&to=22675200209&text=Hello+world&from=3304

Nothing is happening. no message is sent.

can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

--
CONGO Florentin
Étudiant en réseau informatique et télécoms