James Cameron wrote:
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:03:18PM -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
An Open Firmware image for OLPC is available for testing. See http://firmworks.com/linux/OFWtest.html for complete instructions.

I've tried ofw-061011-1916 on both of my A-Test boards, and it worked
fantastically.  It was very quick to start, seemed like under a second.
I was able to see the devices, add words to the dictionary, and examine
definitions.  Worked via USB keyboard, screen, and serial port.

Two probably trivial problems I noted were:

0.  the processor and companion chip seemed much warmer, but it could
just be the hot weather here ... is the ofw spinning?
Yes, it continuously polls the keyboard.

The plan is to put some studly power management in, as a test of the hardware, when we get over this B1 hardware crunch.