Hi Joerg,
thanks for picking up questions before I even post them ;-)

Am 16.09.2016 um 17:58 schrieb Jörg Richter:
>       public void updateEditablePerson(@PathParam("personId") long personId,
> String editablePersonJSON) {
>       }
>

> This would make a better business API:
>
>       public void updateEditablePerson(@PathParam("personId") long personId,
> EditablePerson person) {
>       }

I totally agree with that approach. I was sure there must be some way to
let he container do the serialization but couldn't get it to work by
myself. So to have something working I choe the manual way.

However after discussion my approach in general I think I am going to
use core's REST API from JavaScript directly. The reason is that I would
otherwise spend a lot of time writing boilerplate
serialization/deserialization code.

Regarding that API: Is there an online documentation for the REST API or
should I simply consult the respective service class and read the API
from the Annotations?

Best regards,
Robert

--
Robert Schuster
freiberuflicher Softwareingenieur

RS01 - IT-Systemanalyse und -entwicklung Robert Schuster
Brückenstraße 4 • 12439 Berlin
+49 157 798 00 310
robert.schuster.r...@gmail.com