On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Pavel Raiskup <prais...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:37:32 PM CEST Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> > 3. AFAIK Fedora has no means by which it can participate in embargoed
>> > updates.  For this to work, I think there ought to be private git
>> > branches, a way to get Koji to make a private build from a private git
>> > branch, and a way to get private karma on a private update.  Then,
>> > when an embargo is lifted, the packager could merge the private branch
>> > in, the various infrastructure bits could notice that the very same
>> > git commit is now public and permit all of the private builds,
>> > updates, and karma to become public and allow an immediate push to
>> > updates.
>>
>> Yep. Thats a gigantic pile of work there for sure.
>
> That's too vague statement, really.  Can you make a better estimation?

We had this discussion in the past and the result from the Board was
that Board won't block hidden private builds (ticket #144, not sure
it's publicly accessible). That time it was me who created the ticket
on behalf of OpenJDK folks. Of course if someone implements it and we
don't have Board but Council and Council can have different opinion on
this. I was told there was some support for private builds in the past
in our tools but it was removed long time ago as there was no use for
that and it complicated the codebase.

Jaroslav