Hello,

I wanted to mention to people that kontact is very broken and dangerous to
use. I have filed 5 or 6 upstream bugs about the many ways its broken. It
constantly aborts, akonadi constantly segfaults, you have to reboot your
system because it dies holding a video driver mutex, it deletes email when you
click on them. And to top it off, yesterday it deleted 25,000+ emails from my
inbox. That is without me asking it to do anything. They did not go to trash,
they are just gone. This is a huge personal set back and Linux Security plans
will be affected by this loss. (It started from yesterday morning and deleted
going backwards to last April. It only stopped because I rebooted my machine
because the video interface was deadlocked.)

My advice, if you use kontact, please back up your inbox or risk losing it. I
chose offlineimap.

On the otherhand, how can such a fundamentally broken package get pushed out
to the masses?

-Steve