On 12/07/2017 02:18 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-12-07 09:31, Steve Dickson wrote:
>> What do I have to do to stop random people
>> from making random changes to packages I maintain?
>>
>> How do people get this type of permission?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy
>
>> Case in point;
> [snip]
>
> These were properly announced:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/RJYQNLIWBAVQPGLIGUT77WGY5D4TK334/
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/YKPCYY2JJOAQG67X4I6ZNYRHNYDCNQFL/
>
> This is proper use of the provenpackager privileges.
Which will lead to the instability... IMHO... Allowing people to
to change technology that they are clueless of is just wrong.

What is the point of maintainers-ship if any one and everyone can
make changes? Any and all changes must go through the maintainer
if that is not the case the way even have them?

steved.