On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 08:18:20AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:08 AM, Randy Barlow
> <bowlofe...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On 02/12/2018 08:00 PM, Michal Schorm wrote:
> >> The changelogs are long ass hell.
> >> What about keeping just 2 latest releases in it and deleting the rest?
> >> (It will be still kept in GIT history)
> >> 2 releases could be 2-
> >
> > I usually trim my changelogs to the last year of entries. It's kinda
> > arbitrary, but it does keep it from getting too insane and it's easy.
> >

> What I don't get is why we don't just set RPM to trim the changelog
> automatically for the binary RPMs.
>
> Mageia does this to keep the payload sizes sane:
> http://gitweb.mageia.org/software/rpm/rpm-setup/tree/macros.in#n22

That's good, but it is still worth trimming the actual changelogs too.
It is pointless accumulating 10 years worth of %changelog in the .spec
file in dist-git. Every time we branch rawhide, we should have something
that culls all changelogs from the specs in 'master' that are older
than 1 year.

Regards,
Daniel