> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Note F28 is currently in freeze for Beta; this is a long freeze, and
> > honestly, might get longer, given the current state of things.
>
> IMHO, if we know that we are not in a good enough state to release, we
> should delay the start of the freeze (in the current case where it has
> already started: cancel the freeze and try again later) until we are in a
> releasable state. It just does not make sense to extend the freezes forever.
> We should only freeze if we are actually ready to prepare a release (e.g.
> F28 Beta).

This is actually being kicked around informally ATM, but I don't know
where we're going to end up yet.

> And there really needs to be a maximum freeze period. If we are still not
> ready to go gold by then, we need to take all the pending packages and
> restart the process from there.

In most cases this is a *really bad* idea as it will almost inevitably
mean the freeze (once restored) gets longer again, as it's almost
certainly going to be the case that some of the changes blocked by the
freeze cause new issues. That's *why we have the freeze*, after all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey