On Tue, 2018-04-10 at 08:27 -0400, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:36:33 +0200, you wrote:
>
> > Tomasz Torcz ?? wrote:
> > >   While we at it, let's drop all latin fonts, too. Cyrillic should be
> > > enable to cover most of the world's usage and is quite similar to basic
> > > latin.
> >
> > ???! ;-)
> >
> > But more seriously, this is not a fair comparison.
>
> Why should some people of the world be excluded from Fedora though?
>
> Shouldn't the priority be to make Fedora welcoming to all, and not to
> limiting the audience based on an artificial size limitation?

This is actually a tricky equation, because the reason to care about
size is actually *the same*: making Fedora 'welcoming'. Not everyone
has a big fat broadband pipe and a huge transfer cap (or unlimited
transfers). So if we include lots of i18n support we're making Fedora
'more welcoming' in one way, but *less* welcoming in another way, to a
different (but probably overlapping) set of folks. It's a tricky
conundrum.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey