AP> However, in his last message, he left open the possibility of
AP> negotiating a different license for/with Fedora Project, but I don't
AP> feel I am the right person to engage in any further negotiations
AP> with him.

This really should get to le...@lists.fedoraproject.org, as there are
some folks on there who are certainly the right people to have that
discussion but who probably don't follow this list closely enough to
guarantee that they've read your message.

Also, I would have to think that a license specifically for the Fedora
project would still have to be considered non-free because anyone needs
to be able to take what they get from us and use/modify/redistribute it
freely.

Finally, it would be nice to know what is special about these specific
fonts.  Is there functionality (glyph coverage, etc.) which would be
lost if we no longer had them?  I'm sure it would be good for folks to
know just how important it would be to not lose these fonts.

If they are important to have, then it would probably be a good idea to
just maintain a fork somewhere.

 - J<