On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 06:42 -0700, Gerald B. Cox wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 6:08 AM, Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net>
> wrote:
> > Once upon a time, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> said:
> > > And for F30, single OS install we get:
> > >
> > > 1) grub menu not shown, 0 second timeout, no way to get to the
> > menu
> > > 2) grub menu shown with 5 sec timeout after a failed boot
> >
> > If I know I want the menu (say I need to boot single-user to fix
> > something), how would I do that in this setup?
> >

> I'm fine with changing the default - I understand that under normal
> circumstances most people could care less about seeing the screen -
> but I
> do strongly agree with the comment above.  When things sometimes go
> south and you need that menu, there needs to be a simple, well
> documented
> way to get it... easily... without having to go on a google treasure
> hunt to find the instructions.  Otherwise, don't do it.

How would this feature interact with things like /.autorelabel? Would
the presentation of the grub menu in that case still depend on the
previous boot being marked as successful? Is a boot that only does a
relabel successful?

And how about differences between upgrades (I think that the boot
loader is in that case not re-installed IIRC) vs. new installations.
Could that cause issues?

/Louis