On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 08:43:06AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 07:50:29AM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > The simple fact is that "sudo" inherits $HOME and $PATH by default.
>
> Not in Fedora's default configuration. And, this proposal increases my
> support for keeping that as it is (with secure_path set).

I did not see a convincing argument or explanation why there is a
critical security issue with sudo and this change, even when sudo would
inherit $HOME and $PATH. Who is the attacker that can drop files only in
$HOME/.local/bin or $HOME/bin not not in other directories, cannot
append existing files and does not yet have elevated access on the
system.

Kind regards
Till