On 01. 03. 19 22:19, Ben Cotton wrote:
'''The CI system, the tests and the decision on which tests are used
to gate upon are out of scope for the present document.'''

This is both good (specifying explicitly what is this change about and what it is not about) and bad...

Since the CI system is not part of this change, we cannot say this change is not complete if the CI system is not complete. So later we say we have rawhide gating and we'll all be \o/ \o/ \o/ yet nobody will care that the CI is unfortunately:

 * not locally reproducible https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/4
 * only working on on x86_64 https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/16
 * unreadable https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/2
 * unreliable (I file 1.75 issues per month on average)
 * understaffed (my personal observation)
 * tedious to start using (we focus on standards instead of UX)
 * untested (the (sometimes fatal) issues I face go unnoticed until I'm hit)

My concern is that the CI experience still feels a bit rough and I'd rather see us focusing on making it better. This can of course be done in parallel with this change, yet I feel that we are building this on water.

Note that I don't blame the CI people, they are very helpful and great to work with, they just don't have time/resources/people.

--
Miro Hrončok