On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 02:40:29PM -0700, Joseph D. Wagner wrote:
> I may have to turn in my nerd card for not being able to pull this myself,
> but what would this list look like if the baseline was SSSE3?  Just curious.

Steam claims 97.8% of their userbase has a processor supporting SSSE3
(vs 88.6% for AVX..)

On the AMD side, requiring SSSE3 is nearly equivalent to requiring AVX,
in other words, post-2011 CPUs only.

Now *SS*E3 is another matter, as only the 1st-gen single-core K8 parts
lack support, and every Intel x86_64-capable CPU supports it.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                         pizza at shaftnet dot org
High Springs, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^