On 06.10.2019 10:11, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> I don't see anything about it not being allowed

Electron is a full Chromium core with nodejs engine, which contains
ffmpeg library. If you want to redistribute it in official repositories,
you must resolve all legal issues with bundled Chromium by stripping all
patented codecs from it (like already did in Fedora's chromium package).

> So anything based on electron can't be packaged until that is done.

Most of Electron apps requires exact version of Electron core. That's
why you cannot package it once and then use with all other applications
like shared library. It will not work.

Each Electron app must bundle its own Electron core and this is not good
due to critical vulnerabilities and guidelines[1].

[1]: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#bundling

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)