On Mon, Oct 14, 2019, 12:47 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pin...@pingoured.fr> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 12:02:46PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> > > You seem to totally miss the point - there is no one even trying to
> ship
> > > Maven as a traditional package so what should we do give up on having
> > > anything built with Maven in the distro?
> >
> > If module-only packages finally get banned (as they should have been
> from
> > the onset), the Maven maintainers will HAVE TO maintain the non-modular
> > version if they want to maintain Maven at all.
>
> You're assuming they will want to.
> I agree with Kevin Fenzi's email that the here the input from the people
> who
> have made the choice to go full-modular would be nice.
>
> If we follow your hard rule we may end up choosing between:
> - java/maven being available as module
> - no java/maven at all in Fedora
>   (this modulo the heroic efforts of the stewardship SIG - itself modulo
> the
>   fact that the SIG defines itself has a temporary solution [1])

FWIW, since I don't see the Java SIG rising from the ashes that were left
by it burning to the ground anytime soon, we definitely *will continue* to
maintain critical packages for the foreseeable future. So maven and all
its dependencies are safe. I also have early plans to update it to the 3.6
branch for f32.

I will later update the wiki page to reflect the current reality. The
documents in our pagure project should be up to date though.

Fabio