On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 08:40:45PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 06:10:33PM -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
> > Consider the message that comments like this one and your last post
> > send. I took the time to thoughtfully put together a set of ideas that
> > can solve our problems in an easier and less controversial way by
> > learning lessons from others who have traveled this path before us.
> >
> > You could have replied to my posts explaining why you think they won't
> > achieve our goals. Instead, you have replied telling me that my efforts
> > are not helpful, or that I need to have more details figured out than
> > modularity does to participate in the conversation. You only quoted a
> > single sentence from me - did you read the rest? Anybody can reply with
> > a simple "what you wrote is not helpful", but it doesn't get us
> > anywhere, and frankly it's lazy since you avoided countering my points,
> > and a bit insulting too.
>
> Clearly we're having a failure to communicate here. I actually quoted less
> than the entire message before because I felt like the rest of it was even
> more inflammatory and trolling and I didn't want to escalate. Let's take
> this offline and come back when we're on the same page about what we're even
> *trying* to say rather than doing more back and forth.

I'd just like to say that I have found this thread very demoralizing. I
think Randy has valid points and has brought them up far more
respectfully than I could and I feel like it's being dismissed as
trolling. I think this has a very negative affect on people's
willingness to put their opinions out there and is going to lead to an
echo chamber.

Regards,
Jeremy