On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 5:01 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:

>   https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=39456403
>
>   DEBUG util.py:596:  No matching package to install: 'kernel'
>
> I can see that ppc64le was temporarily added to nobuildarches in
> kernel.spec, and then removed.  However there is no explanation in
> git, and there was no successful build since then.
>
> What I also don't understand is why the older or F31 ppc64le kernel
> package isn't inherited into the buildroot on ppc64le.
>

> PPC64 LE has a buiid issue due to the netfilter offload changes upstream.
It has been reported, a patch attempt was made, but ruled incorrect, and
the maintainer hasn't corrected one. In the meantime, I felt it was
worthwhile to have a testable build for the merge window. We have done this
from time to time wit other arches that do not build in rawhide for short
periods of time.  It was one of the advantages of having kernel-headers
split out.  I expect a PPC64LE return soon.

Justin