Am 26.01.20 um 01:10 schrieb Bill Chatfield via devel:
> That's a very sad story. I had no idea. So it sounds like you mainly need
> maintainers for Java packages. I have worked on building RPMs but I have
> never been a package maintainer. However I have 20 years of experience as a
> Java developer, so I'm pretty confident I can be helpful. How should I go
> forward? Is there a particular package that would be good to start with?

Probably the best thing is to "scratch your own itch". Fixing Fedora's Java
ecosystem is likely too much even for a full-time packager but fixing a
particular application seems to be a more realistic goal (though fixing the
Eclipse stack probably requires multiple people).

As you mentioned Eclipse in your initial post you should probably talk to Mat
Booth who's Fedora's Eclipse maintainer.

Also at some point you will need a "sponsor". Finding a sponsor might appear
complicated but I think if you talk directly to some sponsors (check the list
archives) you find that this is not a such a big deal once you proposed a few
sensible changes.

Felix