On 2020-02-12 03:03, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:32 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:37 pm, Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Since cca mid-2018 there was no reply from any maintainer in
>>> Bugzillas.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This package has been deprecated for a very long time (a decade?).
>> Nothing should be using it anymore. Either use GDBus via PyGObject, or
>> another D-Bus client library instead. If anybody wants to take this
>> package, I'm sure that could be arranged. Working out a retirement plan
>> would also be a good idea, though if there are too many rdeps it might
>> not be practical.
>>

> This is probably not going to be workable:
>
> $ sudo dnf -q repoquery --whatrequires python3-dbus | wc -l
> 106
> $ sudo dnf -q repoquery --whatrequires 'python3.7dist(dbus-python)' | wc -l
> 3
>
> I don't think this was the library that was deprecated either. I'm
> pretty sure that was the libdbus-glib library, though this is
> unfortunately built on top of that.

From https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus-python/blob/master/NEWS:

"The deprecated dbus-glib library is no longer required. A bundled copy
  of its main loop integration code is included instead."

We are using dbus-python in some of our packages (mostly test suite for
UDisks and some helper scripts etc.). From the git repo it looks like
the project is actively maintained and latest release is less than month
old so I think there is no reason to retire dbus-python.
If nobody wants to maintain this package I can do that. It's definitely
easier than rewriting our code to something else.