Hi all,

We manage a fleet of Fedora end-user devices at work (laptops and desktops), and currently don't automate firmware update deployment yet (given the potential issue if, say, the user suspends their laptop halfway).

Sometimes there are updates that are critical (e.g. a security issue, or potential hardware failure on older firmwares) that we do want to force-push this, though.

For normal packages, we just set up dnf-automatic to automatically apply security updates. Would it be possible to flag critical/security firmware updates so that we can just create a process that automatically apply these, say on a daily basis, without us having to chase every single firmware GUIDs?

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
profile: https://keybase.io/michel_slm