On 6/26/20 12:30 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 01:34:19 +0200, Samuel Sieb wrote:
I agree with your points, but pressing ESC only reverses the "rhgb" part,
the kernel output is still "quiet".

If the kernel really locks up it is locked up and no keys work anymore.
Without "rhgb quiet" one can make a photo of the screen.

Is this something that happens to you often? The only very rare times that I've had to deal with this, it's been a consistent lockup, so I just need to remove the "quiet" on the next boot. No need to be spammed for the 99.999% of boots that have no problem. That's a terrible thing for users to see.