On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 5:54 PM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 10.09.2020 16:10, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> > Flatpak is way better suited for our use case and in addition gives us
> > access to a way bigger install base.
>
> Flathub is a third-party repository and not related to Fedora at all.
>

> > And the involvement on Java packaging in Fedora is so low that we
> literally have to maintain whole other stacks including jetty, lucene and
> etc. - not feasible work in any way.
>
> Fedora Modularity team destroyed the entire Java stack in Fedora after
> moving ant/maven to modules.

As I've been involved in ant/maven packaging for a decade or so I would
dare to say that this is not the truth. It just exposed the fact that less
and less people were actively maintaining things as most of the people that
used to do it moved on to other things and the number of new people that
joined is quite low. So the burden on people left is bigger and bigger.

> I think FESCo should completely forbid modules without packaged
> non-modular versions.
>

> --
> Sincerely,
>   Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)