On 9/28/20 6:44 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:

Subject: Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved

I was just hit by the first bug in systemd-resolved 4 days after I
upgraded to fedora33. I will file a bug report for that, but I wanted
to discuss something more fundamental.

systemd-resolved has a number of architectural flaws. When these were
pointed out, bugs are not accepted and closed or ignored. Worse, I
was told that systemd-resolved would not become the system DNS resolver,
so I could just choose to not use it.

Unfortunately, with my upgrade to fedora 33 I was unwittingly upgraded
to systemd-resolved. I want to remove it from my system, but I cannot
because it is not even a sub-package of systemd, it is part of the
core systemd package. This goes against promises made in the past.

First time?
It's standard operating procedure for systemd from the inception
of that project.