On 2012-08-07 10:35, Lennart Poettering wrote:
On Tue, 07.08.12 13:31, Gary Gatling (gsgat...@ncsu.edu) wrote:
Question about new systemd policy,

If your package is under review, and it enables its service by default, do
you add it to the bugzilla of the systemd package or would that be one of
the things that needs to happen if it gets approved?

To enable a service by default after package installation you need
permission from FESCO. See the last line of:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default

If you have permission from FESCO then I will add it to the default
preset file in systemd and upload it to Fedora.

What service are you specifically wondering about?

I maintain a package (cloud-init) with several services that meet the "runs once then goes away" grant. Shall I file a bug against the systemd package or something else?

Going forward, when a package adds or removes a systemd service that starts by default, what is the best way to coordinate the change with the preset policy maintainers?