On 01/27/2015 08:18 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
We hope that NM can be installed on most systems, and will be there when
required and useful, but will get out of the way when not required.

Well I can confirm that NM pretty much does exactly that seeing as I have been running networkd for couple of months in a mix with NM to overcome some of networkd current limitations.

It even can be removed cleanly if it comes down to that.

it's everything else that needs to be fixed not to use or ( correctly ) depend on it ( or package separately in a sub package when doing so ) but that's not your headache.

In a perfectly functional community it would require someone to drive that effort and have the FPC being able to make guideline changes within reasonable amount of time.

That's not happening at least not within two years time frame but let's hope that at least the legacy network initscript will dead and gone long before that finally happens

JBG