On 14-11-07 04:01 PM, Anthony Loiseau wrote:
Dear all,

I "forked" geany-plugin git repository in bitbucket to work on geanyprj
plugin and add it filtering capability in the project file listing. As an
example, with this contribution one is able to fast-find unit-test makefile
by typing "unit test make" in a new filter input box or directly when file
listing is focused.

I appears that github does not offers to create pull requests from such
forks. Which procedure do you like contributors to follow in such case?
Should I create a github account and push on it?

It makes it easier for everyone if you do, well except for you having to initially sign up and press the button to make a fork, of course :) After that it's very easy, since it looks like you're already using Git (just add a remote for and push PR branch to GH repo).

Note: my fork is available through this link:
https://bitbucket.org/Thannoy/fork-geany-plugins

You could use `git format-patch` and send the patches on the mailing list, but this risks them getting lost/forgotten and it makes it less convenient (IMO) to review/discuss/merge them.

I think there's some related info in the `HACKING` file also.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush